Monday, July 9, 2012

My 2nd Birthday Party


Last weekend we celebrated my 2nd birthday at Washington Park. I had so much fun!  It's no surprise that we ended up with an Elmo theme for the party, since I love him so much (and Dora was too girly for a theme). 


A very nice balloon lady came and made balloon figures for everyone. She made me a special Elmo hat, as well as a Dora balloon figure!


We munched on quesadillas and rice and beans (one of my favorite meals, thanks to attending a Spanish-speaking daycare), while the parents enjoyed a taco bar and pineapple agua fresca from La Corneta Taqueria. Yummy! 


We had a surprise guest!


Of course, I totally knew who was inside that costume. I was SO HAPPY to see "Elmo Daddy*" and show him off to all my friends. Kids from the nearby playground even came running over to meet him.


Mommy is kicking herself now because she totally forgot to take a group photo of me and all my friends before we dug into the cupcakes. Oops.

Cupcakes from Teacake Bake Shop
I licked off all the frosting and left the cupcake!

I'm very fortunate to have lots of toys at home so in lieu of gifts, we had a book exchange. Each family brought a new wrapped book for the exchange and at the end of the party, each child got to pick a gift to take home. Again, Mommy forgot to take a picture, but you can see part of the collection of books below.


It was a fun morning celebrating with friends and family. Hopefully one of these days Elmo Daddy will come back for a visit!


* About Elmo Daddy: I'm normally very scared of giant walking characters, but Daddy had a chance to borrow this awesome Elmo costume from his coworker. Of course when he brought it home, I wanted nothing to do with it. Mommy and Daddy had to keep the giant head and costume in our living room for the whole week so I could get used to seeing and touching it, and every day Daddy put on a different part of the costume while we played. It totally worked, and I ran up to Elmo with open arms at my party. Now all Daddy needs is an Easter Bunny costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment