Thursday, October 25, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Day

Daddy here once again, and its been a while since I’ve posted on the blog. Due to a peculiar “holiday” observed by daycare in remembrance of an individual most famous for being a symbol of global imperialism, I took the day off of work to do something I rarely have the chance to do: spend the entire day with Kaitlyn. Alone. For several days leading up to this fateful Monday, I laid the groundwork with K, repeatedly telling her "On Monday, you're going to have an extra special day with Daddy...are you ready for your extra special time?" to which she replied emphatically "YEAH?!"

After sending Amy to work and futzing around the house a bit longer, Kaitlyn and I decided to head down to Burlingame Ave to have a light breakfast at La Boulange Bakery.  As you can see, the potato and ham tart doesn’t last very long on the plate!



I was planning to take Kaitlyn to an indoor play area in San Bruno after breakfast, but I had randomly mentioned going to the car wash in the afternoon. Little did I know how excited she would be at that idea, and she kept saying “Car wash! Car wash!” So we made our way to Millbrae Car Wash, where you ride with your car through the wash, which fascinates K.



Her favorite part is not actually going through the car wash, but afterwards. While the nice man dried the car for us, Kaitlyn asked “snack?” So we hopped next door to the convenience store where I have a habit of buying her string cheese for her to enjoy while we wait.


Diet Mountain Dew is for me, not for her.

Now this is all less than ideal timing, because now we’re off to the city to meet up with Mommy at work for lunch. I walked Kaitlyn around the 10th floor for a bit before we find Amy and go to Specialty’s. Of course after breakfast and a snack, Kaitlyn wasn't really all that hungry but she always has room for fruit and some milk.



On the way home, K fell fast asleep in the car, and I attempted the "seamless transfer" from the carseat to the couch to extend the nap which looked promising at first. 


15 minutes later, she popped up and smiled at me, wondering what else is store for Daddy-Daughter day. So I asked her if she’d like to look at dogs and cats, and we drive to the local SPCA. On this particular day, there seemed to be a lot of large and scary looking pit bulls, and then a lot of smaller dogs who barked a lot whenever we came near


Back in the car again, I thought we’d make a second attempt at going to the indoor play area, but sure enough, fatigue catches up with K and she drops off like a rock in the car. 


Punting on that notion for good, we head back to downtown Burlingame and she slept for another 45 minutes before I woke her with the promise of frozen yogurt and playtime at the park. But it took a while for her to shake the cobwebs and after quietly eating her fro-yo, she made it clear she didn't want to play, and instead preferred to just sit with me and Doggy while watching other kids run around. 


Sometimes, that’s not so bad either. =)

2 comments:

  1. Goo Jeff is very disappointed that you are taking the X5 through that kind of car wash, but he's proud that Kaitlyn enjoys car washes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wasn't the X5, it was my iS. but we take the X5 there too. =)

    ReplyDelete