Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Very Frozen Halloween (Part 2)

Halloween costumes were a success!


On Halloween we were supposed to have a parade at preschool, but it was pouring rain outside so instead all the parents were invited inside the classroom to see our costumes. We all sat in a circle and took turns standing up, saying what we were dressed up as, and doing a spin. 

Wearing a panda hat that we made in class to celebrate the SF Giants winning the World Series

I was very sensitive to scary things this year, especially skeletons, so was really reluctant to go trick-or-treating at night. The plan was to just stay home and pass out candy, but then we ended up going over to the Chiu's house for dinner. And then my friends managed to convince me to go out with them.


That idea was short-lived, however. The first house we went to had a skeleton hanging out in front, so I passed on that one. Then the second house had a giant skeleton too. Pass. Turns out that every house on our street that was decorated had some form of skeleton out front. We didn't even make it to the end of the block before I wanted to go home. The only house I ended up going to was our next door neighbor's that had no decorations. I was happy to stay home for the rest of the night and hand out candy to the few trick-or-treaters that came by. The best was when my friends came back and made a last stop at our house - they were nice enough to take their own candy from trick-or-treating and share them with me!

On a side note, Mommy was very pleased with her Halloween decorations this year - and she didn't even use any skeletons!



No comments:

Post a Comment