This update is a little late but not much has changed from last month anyway. I'm still just as active, curious, and full of trouble! I'm becoming impossible to photograph and won't sit still. It took dozens of blurry shots before we could get that photo above.
Stats:
I weigh 17 lbs, 10 oz. and measure 26.5 inches long. I stayed in the 25th percentile for weight but dropped to the 5th percentile for height, which was a little alarming. When the pediatrician looked at my height the first thing he said was "that can't be right, we'll have him remeasured." After the appointment the nurse came back to remeasure me, but still got the same result. By then the doctor had already moved to the next patient so we didn't get to discuss it further.
Developments:
I figured out how to take steps while holding onto furniture and have gotten pretty good at cruising. I also enjoy pushing empty boxes, laundry baskets, and chairs around the house and occasionally trying to use my walker. I've taken lots of spills and bumped my head so many times, it's amazing I haven't gotten majorly hurt (knocking on wood).
My favorite discovery this month was the bathroom - pulling up on the tub to see the water running for my bath, pulling up on the toilet, unraveling toilet paper, reaching for the pipes behind the toilet and for the toilet brush (ewww), ripping out pages from magazines, and trying to chew the tags on the bath rugs - I've been driving Mommy crazy with my unsanitary bathroom antics.
I continue to grab and put EVERYTHING in my mouth. In any given room, I always manage to find the things I can't have and go straight for them. I tend to ignore all of my toys in favor of things like the TV remote, Mommy's iPhone, cords, outlets, etc. And when it comes to reading, Mommy can't even get through an entire book before I grab it and try to eat it.
| Me plus Christmas trees equals trouble. Before the ugly baby gates were put up around the trees. |
I've also started to babble a lot. In the mornings especially, I can be found playing while talking to myself. Mostly I make a lot of "bababa" sounds. Oh, and I love blowing raspberries!
Teeth:
Another tooth has popped out! I now have two bottom teeth, plus lots of drool.
Eating:
Eating continues to be an adventure and I love every moment. With the cold weather I've been enjoying lots of soups and stews, and love anything with melted cheese. I now eat three meals a day and have a lot of new favorite breakfast foods, including oatmeal, yogurt, and applesauce (for some reason I never tried it until this month). I will eat anything. It's funny to compare how Mommy approached solids with Kaitlyn versus with me at this age. With Kaitlyn, she was steaming and pureeing fresh organic veggies and fruits, freezing them in ice cube trays, and heating up individual portions at each meal. With me, she is scraping the beans and cheese off her Taco Bell double decker taco and feeding it to me. Such is the life of a second child.
First road trip:
We took my first road trip and drove down to SoCal for Thanksgiving. We started out at bedtime so I was able to sleep through most of the six hour drive, although I ended up waking up and crying for the last hour. At least there was no traffic and the drive wasn't too unbearable. Kaitlyn enjoyed watching videos on the screen until she fell asleep, and even slept through my crying.
Likes: playing peekaboo, being tickled, snacking, being naked, bath time, chewing on my wet washcloths during bath time
Dislikes: sitting in shopping carts for too long, diaper changes

No comments:
Post a Comment