Friday, May 22, 2015

Fourteen Month Update


I'm such a happy toddler and always on the move! Here's what I've been up to lately.

Development:
Last month I finally started to take an interest in books - not just trying to eat them like I did before but actually looking at the pictures and listening. Now at bedtime and naptime, I can sit quietly through several stories without making a fuss. I've also been caught sitting quietly and flipping through the pages of a book by myself. Such a change from a few weeks ago! I know and can say the word book when I see one - that is the only new word I've picked up this month though.

And, thanks to all the books we've been reading, I know what sound a sheep makes. Whenever I'm asked, or even if I see a picture of a sheep, I will go "baaaah!"

I've also figured out how to point, mostly at food or cups on the table, but also at flowers, balloons, and things at the supermarket.

Not exaggerating but this is always how I walk around the house. I'll go through the laundry basket and pick out all the blankets that I can find, then drag them around the house with me.

Sleep:
I take a fat morning nap everyday, but often fight the afternoon naps and most times end up crying/complaining in my crib for an hour. If I do eventually fall asleep, I don't wake up until 6pm-ish, which then pushes back my bedtime. So, looks like a consolidation to one nap should be happening soon.


Activities:
We've been spending a lot more time outdoors, especially on days that Kaitlyn has preschool. Kaitlyn and her classmates usually stay after class to play and ride scooters, so we end up spending a good portion of our afternoon at the park there. I can spend over an hour running around, climbing the play structures, playing in the sandbox, and collecting sticks.

Last month Kaitlyn started gymnastics class at Junior Gym, with a conveniently scheduled open gym time for all ages right afterward. There is plenty of open space, padded floors, rubber balls, and other toys to keep me entertained. Yet another way for me to expend my boundless energy!

On non-preschool days Kaitlyn goes to daycare so I get Mommy all to myself. We stay busy with either my Little Wonders class or going to the gym. I still get a little separation anxiety when Mommy drops me off at the gym daycare but then am fine after a few minutes. It's nice that we finally found our groove these past few months, though things will be changing soon once preschool ends and summer vacation starts.



Likes: Running around the house naked. Ha. I used to hate getting diapered and changed after getting out of the bath, then Mommy discovered that if she lets me and Kaitlyn run around naked for a bit, we're both so much happier. I'm actually more willing to get out of the bath and eventually put on the diaper if we get those few minutes of "naked time." So, it's become part of our nighttime routine. And I've only had one accident and peed on the carpet once so far!

Dislikes: Getting my hair cut. Daddy bought new clippers and they scare me!

Mommy couldn't help it. She had to take a picture of me crying.

I really love hanging out with Brady. Like, a lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment