I'm nineteen months and as bouncy and energetic as ever! I continue to keep Mommy on her toes every waking moment. She wonders if I'll ever slow down. I hate to break it to her but she's probably got seventeen more years of this.
Development:
I continue to pick up new words right and left. My latest words include: open, up, trash, nap, cheese, apple (referring to any fruit), bite, poo poo. For some reason I still refer to my blankets - my favorite things in the world - as "meh." For anything else I don't know the name of, I'll point and repeat over and over "dis? dis?" until Mommy finally figures it out and says "ohhh, did you want this?"
I'm so used to Mommy making me smile for the camera. Sometimes I'll point to her camera on the fireplace mantle and start saying "cheese." I've gotten familiar with taking selfies, and know to say "cheese" when someone points their iPhone at me.
We are loving the fall! We finally have a good weekly routine going now that Kaitlyn is in school. I attend day care three times a week, and have started some new classes. I'm taking Music Together, Little Wonders, and soccer class. Out of the three, my favorite is probably Music Together. Although we're free to roam about the classroom (and movement is actually encouraged), I always just plop myself on Mommy's lap and watch and listen. I can imitate some of the movements and love playing with the different instruments that the instructor hands out. I also take cleaning up very seriously and when the instructor collects all the toys and instruments at the end of each song, I always make sure to return everything to the bin.
I'm still getting used our class at Little Wonders. Compared to the baby class we took in the spring, the toddler class is about twice as large with twenty plus kids, and I get a little overwhelmed with all the people. Again, we have free roam of the entire classroom but I tend to stick close to Mommy. It's also a two hour class so I'm always tired and clingy by the end of it.
Finally, I started taking soccer classes on Saturday mornings as an activity with Daddy. The class is for 18-36 month olds, so I'm definitely on the lower end of the age range. While most of the kids are able to follow directions and kick the ball around, I just run around aimlessly, picking up the ball and kicking it once in awhile. I've got a lot to learn, but at least it's something to tire me out!
The one thing that's consistent with all of these is that there's always a stamp at the end of class. All I have to do is hear the word "stamp" and I'll go running toward the instructor with my hands out. I usually lift my shirt too because lots of kids like to get stamps on their tummies. It's nice to finally be old enough to appreciate all these activities!
Mommy has started to let me watch more TV in the hopes that I'll just sit and stay out of trouble for a little bit. However I don't show much interest in television shows, other than the beginning theme songs for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Bubble Guppies, and some short segments of the Baby First channel. I think I'd rather just climb something. :-\ Sometimes I'll sit with Kaitlyn and watch whatever she's watching, but nothing holds my attention for long. I also like to see whatever Kaitlyn is watching on iPad, but then I usually end up trying to touch/swipe the screen which annoys her.

No comments:
Post a Comment