Saturday, August 6, 2016

Children's Creativity Museum

I had a special day alone with Mommy so she took me to the Children's Creativity Museum in the city. It's a smaller museum but had lots on hands-on activities that kept us busy for hours.


We started out doing some arts and crafts and then moved on to the good stuff. One of the exhibits was a stop-animation station. We cut out and colored paper figures, placed them on a screen and took photos of them over and over to create this video:


Then we discovered the stop-motion animation studio - similar to what we did above, but much more involved. They gave us a quick tutorial and then we got to work creating clay figures for our movie. I made a figure of Brady and Mommy made one of Tacoma, our neighbor's cat. Somehow Tacoma ended up being bigger than Brady. I picked a backdrop and we started shooting. Mommy was in charge of moving the figures while I was in charge of taking the photos.


Our movie was titled "Brady and Tacoma." When we were done they emailed us the video, and here it is! 


Another exhibit was the music studio where kids could make their own music video. I'm usually shy when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I was intrigued and ended up performing all on my own (it helped that there was no one else there)! 


I picked Shake It Off. Here's my music video (kinda long)! 


We finished the visit with a ride on the carousel. What a fun place! It was definitely worth the visit, perfect for kids my age and we're glad we checked it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment