A friend loaned us these two books, Super Baby Foods and Top 100 Baby Purees. They've been a great resource for us in figuring out what foods Kaitlyn could eat and when we should introduce them.
I've been making and freezing all of Kaitlyn's baby food, and these Fresh Baby freezer trays with lids are great for freezing and storing. After everything is frozen, I just pop out the cubes and store in a Ziploc freezer bag.
I also got these Baby Cubes food storage containers. I use them to pack her meals for day care, and they're convenient for packing a meal if we're on the go. They're easy to snap open and closed, and since the tops are attached to the container, I never have to keep track of or hunt for matching lids.
Also great for on the go are these fruit pouches and twist-on dispensing spoon. I've been trying to avoid buying any processed baby food since most of them tend to have added preservatives/artificial flavors. But according to the ingredient lists on these pouches, the only ingredients are the fruit itself. I like both the Plum Organics Baby and Happy Baby brands. These pouches are especially useful on weekends when we're out and about and don't want to worry about refrigerating/reheating foods.
Kaitlyn eats a serving of Earth's Best organic whole grain oatmeal everyday. She seems to love it, especially when mixed with mashed bananas or other fruit.
I was originally using the classic Gerber soft bite infant spoons, but Kaitlyn kept grabbing the spoons and waving them around, and I was worried that she would poke herself in the eye with the other end. So I switched to these Munchkin silicone spoons. When she's done eating I let her play with the spoons as much as she wants.
We have yet to buy Kaitlyn a high chair, since she just started sitting up on her own a few weeks ago. So we've just been using her Bumbo with the tray attachment. Now that she's getting bigger, I plan to buy this Keekaroo wooden high chair. What I love about it is that it's all wood (easy to clean), matches our furniture, can be adjusted as Kaitlyn grows, and with the infant insert, looks a bit more comfortable than the ever-popular Stokke Tripp Trapp, which we were also considering.
It's amazing how much stuff is out there to feed a baby. And she doesn't even have teeth yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment