Thursday, March 31, 2011

9 Months!



Wow, I'm 9 months old already! That was fast. With my first two teeth popping through it definitely was a big month. I had my 9 month checkup yesterday and I couldn't stop smiling and clapping my hands at Dr. Tan. He said that I am a happy and healthy baby!
  • I weigh 15 lbs, 11 oz. and am 26 inches long. Surprisingly, that's only a 5 oz. weight gain from two months ago. Although I feel bigger and heavier, I'm definitely on the smaller side, coming in at the 10th percentile for my age for both weight and length. I even still fit into some of my 6-month clothes.
  • I can say "dada." Among other things. I make up my own words and talk a LOT.
  • I'm starting to "crawl." Creeping is more like it. I'm able to drag myself across the floor to get from one place to another, but still can't lift my tummy off the ground.
  • I recognize and remember things. I especially remember what a container of Puffs looks like, as well as the packaging for the Baby Mum Mum's. Whenever I see either of them I get really excited and start squealing. What's also neat is that after months of reading the "Baby Animals" book at bedtime, I know to touch the patches of animal fur on each page with my fingers.
  • Sleep. I'm still on a consistent schedule and sleep through the night most nights, although occasionally I still demand the 5am feeding. It also helps that I have three pacifiers in my crib. If I wake up without one in my mouth, I just have to feel around to find one, put it in my mouth and I'll go back to sleep on my own. I'm down to two naps a day now, so my schedule looks something like this:
    • 7:00 am: Wake up
    • 9:30 am: Morning nap (1 hour)
    • 2:30 pm: Afternoon nap (1-2 hours)
    • 7:30 pm: Bedtime
What a life! I should be becoming more mobile next month. Mom and Dad better start babyproofing the house!

In honor of my 9 month birthday, I ate 9 puffs. Count 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment