Thursday, August 18, 2011

Camping!

I just came back from my first camping trip and boy, did I have a blast! We headed up north near Pt. Reyes to Olema Campground, where we met up with the Chiu's, Kwan's, Yuen's and two other families. There were lots of kids for me to watch and to play with. I got so dirty walking around the campground and playing in the grass and dirt! 

Hanging out with Daddy in front of our tent.

I slept surprisingly well in the tent. Mommy and Daddy put me to sleep in the Peapod, but both nights they returned to the tent to find that I had crawled out to the middle of the sleeping bag. It was so much cozier there and I enjoyed getting to sleep between them all weekend.


Although we were supposed to be "roughing it" there was definitely a downside to camping: ask Daddy if he enjoyed waking up at the crack of dawn each morning to stand outside in the cold while he waited for water to boil to heat up my bottle. They will never take electricity and bottle warmers for granted again.


One of the highlights of the trip was taking the short drive to Tomales Bay Oyster Company, where we bought bags of fresh oysters to grill and eat raw.




I also made a new friend named Sumo. I adored him. Every time he crossed my path I would point and smile and call him "Budda." 






We took a late afternoon drive to see the Pt. Reyes lighthouse. I was so tired though that I crashed out in the car for almost two hours! Daddy had to stay in the car with me while Mommy took the half-mile trek to the lighthouse. It was a very scenic walk.





On the way back to the campground I finally woke up, and we stopped for some ice cream and enjoyed the view.



I was just happy to spend the weekend outdoors hanging out with the big kids.


Overall we all had a great camping experience and hope it becomes a family tradition!

1 comment: