Thursday, June 26, 2014

Three Month Update



I'm three months old and getting bigger, stronger, and louder! Unfortunately I'm still a fussy baby, but at least I'm more predictable. Every evening starting at 5pm you can count on at least one screaming session. Mommy wants to fast forward through these months until we're over this, but at the same time, she wants me to stay a baby forever!


  • Growth: There was no checkup this month, but I probably weigh about 14 pounds now (based on Mommy stepping on the scale with and without me). I'm getting really chunky. I barely fit into my 0-3 month clothing and have gone up to size 2 diapers. Oh, and my hair is growing so long. People always comment about how much hair I have.
  • Getting stronger: I've always been pretty strong from the start and can now lift my head high when doing tummy time. I can escape almost any swaddle. My legs are also super strong! I love the feeling of bearing weight on my legs and am always kicking and trying to stand up. We can't wait to break out the bouncer.
  • Yup, found my fists: I never took the pacifier, so my fists are a good alternative. I love gnawing on them!
  • Lots of smiles and coos. I'm in my happiest mood in the morning, and usually start smiling as soon as I wake up. I like to smile and talk when someone is talking to me and say "ah-goo" a lot.
  • Sleep: I still only sleep for a max of four hours at a time. I started waking up multiple times a night again, like every one to two hours. At first Mommy thought it was a growth spurt, but it kept continuing. We think it's because I sleep right next to Mommy and know she's there, so I just want to be closer. It's time to start sleep training soon. 
  • Likes: Being carried in the Bjorn or the Ergo, sitting in the Bumbo, staring and smiling at my sheep mobile
  • Hates: Tummy time for too long, the snot sucker




No comments:

Post a Comment