Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

Hi everyone! I'm back from a fun-filled long weekend in Huntington Beach! We did so much and had a great time with friends and family. Of course, the highlight of the weekend was my birthday party. That gets a whole post of its own, but there are plenty of other things and pictures to share!

We stayed with Ma-ma and Yeh-yeh and the house was packed. I finally met my Auntie Larissa and Uncle Jeff, and cousins Alex and Kieran for the first time. They just moved back from the UK, just in time for my birthday! Auntie Samantha also flew in from Vancouver for the weekend. It was so fun to finally have everyone hanging out together!


One night we all went out to dinner at Mangia-Mangia. Daddy has been eating there for almost 25 years! While we were waiting for our food, Mom decided to give me a lemon, just to see how I'd react to the sour taste. Turns out I loved it! Amazingly I had absolutely no reaction to the sourness. The diners at the table next to us were quite amused. At least the lemon kept me happily entertained while we waited for our food. 


We also headed to Din Tai Fung Dumpling House in Arcadia. They are famous for their soup dumplings, although I'm too young to appreciate them. I discovered a new favorite food though - noodles! They were so long and chewy, I couldn't decide whether to play with them or eat them. I ended up trying to shove the whole thing in my mouth, though I wasn't very successful. 


For my birthday, Auntie Sammy got me a walker. The backyard was a perfect place to try it out (and to show off my cute sundress).


I love walking!


We spent a fun afternoon playing in the backyard. Mom had ordered a giant bubble maker for the party, but it didn't arrive until the day of the party (boooo). At least we got to play with it later. Alex, Kieran, and I had fun trying to pop the giant bubbles (I had some help).


Look at this giant bubble!


We spent a hot Fourth of July in the air-conditioned comfort of South Coast Plaza. It was a very successful shopping trip for all of us - Mommy and Daddy bought themselves me a new toy for my birthday!


I had such a fun and eventful weekend. It was sad to leave the warm weather and family behind. I can't wait to go back again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment